Nature and Jogging Trails
Hill Country Trails
Our authentic country resort offers a wonderful nature trail, ideal for running, walking, biking and exploring. The 1-mile trail is clearly marked throughout the resort and is half paved and half mulch. A long running trail is located on the outer-edge of our resort, that is 3.5 miles. A map of this trail can be found at the Concierge Desk.
A fascinating variety of interesting plants and wildlife can be spotted all around the grounds of the resort. Take a walk to explore the flora and fauna surrounding the resort, in which some of the more unusual have been labeled for your information. Here are just a few of the native trees, shrubs and plants that add color and beauty to our authentic Texan resort:
- Hummingbird bush (Anisacanthus wrightii) - Acanthus family
- Butterfly bush (Buddleia) - Strychnine family
- Texas sage (Leucophyllum frutescens) - Figwort family
- Summer snow rose (Rosa) - Rose family
- Giant rose mallow (Hibiscus mocsheutos) - Mallow family
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) - Sunflower family
We work hard to protect our 300-acre environment, so that future generations can enjoy the same experience that you enjoy. We have had more than 100 species of birds sighted here.
Make a Reservation