FlowRider Wave Machine
San Antonio Hotel Pool Activities
This exciting attraction simulates a “barrel-less” wave for body, knee and stand-up boarders. Complete with a sloped wave surface, the machine drives 40,000 gallons of water up at a rate of 18,000 gallons per minute.
Flowboarding may resemble surfing, but it is really a combination of skateboarding, wakeboarding, boogie boarding, snowboarding and surfing. A perfect blend that will appeal to all board sport enthusiasts, the FlowRider® is located in the Edge Falls section of the resort’s five-acre water park.
The FlowRider is now open to the public! Locals are invited to come in and ride the Hill Country wave with us. Ask us about our "FLOyalty" program! *Must call ahead for reservations.
- Cost is $45/hr + tax for a single rider (max of 10 riders)
- Family Experience is $45/hr + tax for the first rider and $35/hr + tax for each additional rider
- Private lessons available at $350/hr + tax
The FlowRider is open daily:
Saturday - Sunday 8AM-6PM
Monday - Friday 11AM-6PM
- "Open Flow" will be open Sat-Sun 8-10AM and 4-6PM and Mon-Fri 4-6PM only. "Open Flow" is $25 for 2 hours (max of 20 riders, first come/first served)
- Local riders must make a reservation prior to arrival
Call (210) 647-1234 x51 to book a reservation!
*Rates and availability may vary according to season
Other Important Details:
- Riders must be at least 42 inches (3'5") tall to boogie board and 52 inches (4'3") to stand-up ride/surf
- A signed waiver is mandatory prior to riding. Participants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian complete the waiver, and present a valid driver’s license and an emergency contact telephone number
- Up to 10 people will be scheduled per hour
- Personalized lessons and special events are offered at an additional cost (prices vary)
- All participants must watch a brief safety video prior to riding
- It is highly recommended to check-in 30 minutes prior to your scheduled reservation, to ensure all pre-registration requirements are completed
- Ladies are required to wear a shirt or rash guard while riding; shorts are recommended unless a one-piece bathing suit is worn
- For your safety as well as the safety of the riding surface, water shoes and jewelry may not be worn
Reservations are required and can be made with our concierge or recreation department, by calling 210-647-1234 x51.
*The FlowRider is open to the public, based on availability. Please call ahead to reserve your time.